The cold days of winter call for some warming craft ideas. Here’s an easy and inexpensive project that makes for some cozy little gifts!
1. First cut the toe from a sock, cutting just below the heel.
2. Fill the toe with uncooked rice
3. Stitch the sock closed, folding under the raw edge. Tip: fold more fabric in as you move from the corner to the center to create the points that make the owl ear tufts.
4. Cut wings, eyes and any other embellishments from a piece of felt and stitch into place.
5. To use your new warmer, microwave it for 1 minute (note: “cooking” time will vary based on the size of the heating pad).